puntOorg International Journal is an online, peer-reviewed, international journal starting 2018, whose major aim is to publish outstanding research rooted in the tradition of social sciences. The journal features contributions that adopt ethnographic, critical and interpretive approaches as practiced in such disciplines as organizational, communication, media and cultural studies. In this sense, pIJ’s aim is to present papers that advance our conceptual understanding of social phenomena.
pIJ is a multi-disciplinary journal, proposed as an Italian player of internationalization and embedded in knowledge and teaching practices that come from afar: from the ancient world in order to join the current debates of the international scientific community.
pIJ welcomes innovative contributions on research topics in the field of Organization and HR Management. Its board members, contributors, and readers are from many different countries, and this diversity will also be reflected in the variety of the topics, approaches and cultural backgrounds of its articles. Therefore, PIJ bridges the arts, humanities, and the social sciences, drawing on the disciplinary practices, advanced theory formation, methodologies, and discourses of philosophy, the performing arts, literary and art criticism and historical analysis (amongst others), and applies them to the organizational and relevant social arenas.
pIJ challenges the international scientific community on the sources of managerial knowledge and, thus, particularly welcomes contributions in the field of philosophy and music, since these disciplines both represent pre-capitalist sources of knowledge, which have successfully passed the test of time and obsolescence. In this sense, we welcome contributions embedded in archetypal knowledge structures (i.e., Linguistics, Literature and History, Applied epistemology, etc.) that have much to say and teach to most recent social sciences, such as (critical) management studies.
pIJ welcomes contributions in the field of modern sciences, because it is of paramount importance to reflect on the epistemological assumptions, methodologies, and practices of being and staying together, since living together is a challenge to be faced at every stage of civilization and at every stage of the development of subjectivity.
pIJ includes both special and thematic issues, with the aim of supporting a truly competitive intellectual life in the long run.
Starting 2018, pIJ follows all the criteria of the international top academic journals:
- peer and blind review: all articles in each issue are submitted to peer blind review, before publication
- regular half-yearly frequency
- Ethical Code
- Advisory Committee of the highest international profile
- in addition to the ISSN journal code, each paper in all issues is assigned its own specific DOI
- external experts are involved in the blind peer review processes. Therefore, the reviews are not entrusted exclusively to the members of the Advisory Board or similar structures
- the review processes are formalised to ensure transparency and reviewer’s autonomy;
- no reviews of individual articles may be entrusted to the editor or members of the journal's editorial team.
Moreover pIJ being an electronic journal provides that each Issue:
- is formally identifiable and citable thanks to its numbering and dating;
- is in itself completed, not open to further updates and with progressive page numbering;
- contains within it, as a rule, at least six scientific articles excluding editorials, premises, prefaces, indexes, abstracts, posters, work plan, bibliography, events.
pIJ is the evolution of the projects puntOorg WP Nursery (2016-2017) which represented the first ground of mutual knowledge and comparison between the academic scholars who later gave birth to pIJ.
Areas of investigation: Organization – Human Resource Management – Organizational Behaviour - Psychology – Critical Studies – Music – Linguistics – Literature – History – Applied epistemology – Diversity Management – (Critical) Management Studies – (Critical) Discourse Analysis – Gender Studies.
Before submitting your manuscript, please ensure you carefully read and adhere to puntOorg philosophy and puntOorg guidelines for pIJ authors.